DURING THESE UNPRECEDENTED TIMES, WE ARE AVAILABLE TO ASSIST YOU
To protect public health and slow the transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the State Capitol is closed to the public. However, we are working remotely to continue to serve you.
- We are receiving office phone calls and responding to all email communication during the business hours of 9:00 am ~ 5:00 pm ~ Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- We will continue to receive position letters on all legislation via the advocacy portal and mail.
- We will continue to keep our website up to date on the status of our bill hearings.
- Author’s Amendments to bills in our committee will be accepted and processed during the recess.
Please note the various ways we are available to assist you:
Senate Health Committee phone: 916-651-4111
Senate Health Committee Consultants:
Melanie Moreno Melanie.Moreno@sen.ca.gov
Teri Boughton Teri.Boughton@sen.ca.gov
Kimberly Chen Kimberly.Chen@sen.ca.gov
Reyes Diaz Reyes.Diaz@sen.ca.gov
Vince Marchand Vince.Marchand@sen.ca.gov
Senate Health Committee Assistants:
Aimee Anspach Aimee.Anspach@sen.ca.gov
Courtney Skinner Courtney.Skinner@sen.ca.gov
PLEASE REACH OUT SHOULD YOU NEED TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE COMMITTEE OFFICE.
JURISDICTION: Bills relating to public health, alcohol and drug abuse, mental health, health insurance and managed care, and related institutions.
The Senate Committee on Health meets every Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. in Room 4203 of the Capitol.
Support and opposition letters are due by 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday of the week prior to the hearing.
- Letters must be on letterhead with signature and title of an official of the organization or designated representative.
- Coalition letters must have logos, signatures, and titles for all organizations.
- Letters of conditional support will not be listed on the analysis.
- Letters must clearly indicate position (letters containing “concern” may not be listed).
Submit letters only once unless bill is subsequently amended causing uncertainty as to the organization’s present position.
Letters can be sent to the Committee through any of the following ways:
- Hand delivered to the Committee’s Office, State Capitol Room 2191;
- Mailed to us at: Senate Health Committee, State Capitol Room 2191, Sacramento, CA 95814; or,
- Using the Advocacy Portal by clicking on the “Submit Position Letter” icon above.
For information on how to submit a position letter please see the directions below:
Advocacy Quick Reference Guide
Senator Richard Pan (Chair)
Senator Jim Nielsen (Vice Chair)
Senator Lena A. Gonzalez
Senator Shannon Grove
Senator Melissa Hurtado
Senator Connie M. Leyva
Senator Holly J. Mitchell
Senator Bill Monning
Senator Susan Rubio