View all the latest information on our coronavirus webpage
Public Health Hotline – Tasmania 1800 671 738
Public Health Services works to improve and protect the health and wellbeing of all Tasmanians. We partner with individuals, groups and communities statewide to achieve this outcome.
Because prevention is better (and cheaper) than cure we aim to:
- protect Tasmanians from public and environmental health hazards
- prevent and reduce chronic diseases and injuries
- prepare for and respond to public health emergencies like flu pandemics
- promote good health
- reduce inequalities in health.
For more information visit:
- About Us: includes information about our structure, the Director of Public Health and the Public Health Act
- Air quality: includes a real-time smoke monitor for Tasmanian regions
- Communicable diseases: includes information about notifiable disease and their prevention
- Floods: be careful when you enter properties after floods – they leave behind many hazards
- Flu and you: all