Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hazardous Waste Management Program recommends only making a trip to a medicine disposal kiosk if it is essential. If a trip to dispose of your medicines is essential, please call 206-296-4692 to confirm if a site is open before you go, or you can check for an open location using our map.
What can I bring?
- Medicines in any form (pills, capsuals, creams, liquids)
- Prescription medicines
- Non-Prescription over-the-counter medicines
- Controlled substances
- Pet medicines
NOT Accepted for Disposal
- Herbal remedies
- Personal care products
- Medical devices
- Mercury thermometers
- Illicit drugs
- Pet pesticide products
Mail-back services are available for residents that are homebound or have limited mobility. Mail-back services also include disposal of inhalers and injectors that are available for all residents. There is no cost for residents to use this service.
Store Medicines Safely
Keep those you love safe from accidental poisoning and overdose.
- Pick a storage place children cannot reach.
- Put medicines away after each use.
- Make sure the safety cap is locked.
- Teach children about medicine safety.
- Safely dispose of the medicines you no longer need.