Experience SGU For Yourself.
Become one of over 17,000 SGU doctors who practice in the US and around the world. Choosing a medical school is one of the most crucial decisions of your life, and it’s important that you absorb as much information as possible about the choices in front of you. We encourage you to consult with St. George’s University graduates, students, and administrators, who are available to answer any questions you may have about the University curriculum, beautiful Caribbean campus, and track record of student success.
Doctor of Medicine Program: Pathway to Matching
Students enrolled in our School of Medicine program spend two years studying the basic sciences, followed by access to clinical training opportunities at over 70 affiliated hospitals and clinical centers in the United States, Grenada, and United Kingdom.
Entry points are available for students from any education system around the world—including a Four-year program for those entering with a traditional baccalaureate degree, and Five, Six, and Seven-year Pre-Med programs for those entering with undergraduate degrees.
Discover SGU: the Right Choice for Medical School
- Find out more about our easy application process
- Our team of admission specialists are here and ready to help you realize your dream of becoming a doctor
- Take the next step and join the 17,000 SGU doctors who practice medicine in the US and around the world
- Learn about medical school tuition and fees
- SGU offers a variety of scholarships designed to recognize academic excellence and provide access to the best and brightest students
- Approximately 35% of the students enrolled in the MD program receive scholarship support every year
- Student support is at the core of the St. George’s University School of Medicine’s mission
- The University offers a wide range of services that ensure that the University is in partnership with each student during his or her medical school journey
- We help you reach the ultimate goal of becoming a doctor
- With 65 state-of-the-art facilities, the True Blue medical school Grenada campus has the ideal environment for medical students from around the world to live, learn, and build diverse networks
- Take a virtual tour to get a sense of how SGU can change your life for the better
One MD Degree Program, Two Locations
St. George’s University is truly an international institution, not only with its diverse student body and faculty but the unique opportunity for students to begin their medical education in Grenada or the United Kingdom. The two paths feature the same curriculum and provide a strong foundation for SGU’s future physicians.
FAQS About Medical School
What percentage of students pass the USMLE, and what do they typically score?
What are the requirements to get into SGU Medical School?
How much does medical school at SGU cost?
SGU is a Caribbean Medical School – is it easier to get into SGU vs other med schools?
Do I have what it takes to get into medical school?
- Strong grades, especially in science courses. The average GPA for students accepted into medical school is 3.7.
- An above-average MCAT score. The average MCAT score for test-takers is 506, but the average MCAT score of accepted medical students is 511.
- Solid references from professors and individuals in your life.
- Some quality volunteer experience.
- A stand-out personal statement and essays.
How long does it take to start my career as a doctor?
Is St. George’s University accredited?
Government of Grenada
Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions (CAAM-HP), one of only three existing private medical schools to have this accreditation. CAAM-HP is recognized by the General Medical Council of the UK and by the World Federation for Medical Education/ Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (WFME/FAIMER). After 2023, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) will issue an ECFMG certification only for degrees obtained from a medical school with an accreditation recognized by the WFME.
Accredited by the Grenada Medical and Dental Council, a part of the Ministry of Health of the Government of Grenada
The MD Program is approved by:
- New York State Education Department
- The California State Medical Board
- New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners
- Florida Commission on Independent Education
- United States Department of Education (USDOE) to confer loans for the MD program as the accreditation standards used to accredit SGU are deemed comparable to those used by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
Scroll to top