UW Medicine Health System Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine
- Drs. Jacob Sunshine and Shyam Gollakota publish New York Times op ed (link)
- Considers ways big tech can help monitor disease prevalence without compromising privacy
- Passive data sensing while masking user information may unlock this potential
- Department paper published last year selected as UW’s entrant for Stat Madness 2020 — a bracket-style competition to honor the best biomedical research published in 2019. Please vote!
- Authors: Justin Chan, Tom Rea, MD, Shyam Gollakota, PhD, Jacob E. Sunshine, MD, MS
- Created by HIPRC’s Firearm Injury and Policy Research Program
- New interactive map currently lists 59 locations in Washington state
- Learn More | Interactive Map
- The ASA and SEA have recently created an award for mid-career+ anesthesiology educators. Click here to apply and for more info. Most Associate Professors and above in the Clinician Educator track will likely qualify. Contact Karen Souter for assistance and/or a Letter of Recommendation.
- National Medical Association has renamed its airway workshop to the “Corrie Anderson Difficult Airway Workshop”
- Dr. Anderson is recognized for his commitment to excellence in education, resourcefulness, and willingness to help the NMA grow
- NMA: History | Info | Anesthesiology Section
Our clinical faculty provide outstanding patient-centered care at four leading academic medical centers, which includes the only Level 1 trauma center in 4 states that is the model for paramedic systems across the nation.
We pride ourselves on the depth and breadth of the training we offer. When a physician completes our program, he or she is equipped to handle any clinical situation during the perioperative period.
Our faculty engage in multidisciplinary research, with major emphasis in pain medicine and neuroscience, genomics and mitochondria biology, outcomes, and medical training and patient education.
As a former trainee of the department, I am honored to now lead the University of Washington Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine.
Videos and other multi-media presentations related to current topics in quality improvement, patient safety, and anesthesia technology.
Dr. Donald Oxorn presents a transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE) each month for education.